eason’s Greetings, one and all.
As we cross the 2020 finish line, I can say with certainty that we’ve made it through a year like no other. And I think we are all ready to turn the page and welcome a fresh start in 2021.
As challenging as this year has been, it’s also given us the amazing opportunity to test our resilience, make new discoveries, swiftly adapt to change, and plan for the future. In response to feedback from our valued customers and partners, we continue to refine our products and processes to ensure that you can rely on us for the highest quality, Montana-born malts today – and for years to come.
To that end, we’re launching into our second year with some exciting enhancements based on our learnings from year one.
- Refreshed brand and website. We believe the art and science of malting demands both technical precision and creative innovation. Our new brand look and updated website signal our intent to continue pushing the bounds of malting with courage and creativity – always seeking to discover new flavors and unique malts to help you make great tasting craft brews and spirits.
- Cleaner malt. While we’re proud of the quality of our malt, we’re also humble enough to recognize that the pursuit of perfection is a perpetual work in progress. We’ve invested in an aspirated, high precision gravity table to raise the bar even higher on our malt cleaning standards. Using reverse airflow, motion, and slotted scalping and sifting screens, the equipment removes dust, chaff and thin or broken kernels to produce a cleaner bag of malt, every
- Old-world flavor in an inspired, new malt. Our new Bavarian Pilsner malt is produced from the heirloom German barley variety Steffi. The slow, cool germination brings out more robust character and flavor, ideal for traditional German brews.
- Milled malt for distillers. We know many of you distillers don’t have your own mills, so we now offer hammer-milled flour or roller-milled grist. Both options are pre-milled, bagged and ready to go!
- Simplified pricing. Put away your calculators. Our new flat-rate, all-in pricing means there’s no need to account for added shipping or delivery costs, pallet fees, or quantity requirements. Everything’s included in the price delivered. Simple, right?
Launching a new, state-of-the-art malting facility is an ambitious undertaking in a normal year. But in 2020, we faced headwinds unlike anything we had anticipated. We are incredibly grateful for the talented community of Montana brewers and distillers who have shared their expertise and feedback with us in our inaugural year of operation. Thank you for being our partners, co-conspirators and friends in this endeavor.
We could not have done this without you!
And, I’d like to extend a special thank you to our Montana Craft Malt team. Each and every one of them contributed above and beyond the call of duty to keep the train on the tracks this year. We’ve been through a lot together, I am forever grateful for their perseverance.
So welcome, 2021! We look forward with optimism and enthusiasm to a better, stronger Montana Craft Malt – and a better year for all of us.
Shoot us a note if you’d like some samples, a facility tour, or to place an order.
Montana Craft Malt